Thursday 2 June 2011

Van Persie slams Spain and Chelsea


Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has launched an incredible tirade against Spain and Chelsea players, telling them to stop 'bitching' at officials and get on with playing football.
Robin van Persie protests his red card against Barcelona

Robin van Persie protests his red card against Barcelona

Van Persie claims he 'cannot understand' the behaviour of players who constantly put the referee under pressure and was scathing of Barcelona following their actions in the Champions League last-16 clash with the Gunners. However, he has now extended his ire towards the world champions and also London rivals Chelsea.
"They [Spain players] always go up to referees in an attempt to get an opponent booked. They are trying to screw colleagues! That kind of behaviour really annoys me," Van Persie told Sport 1.
"People who are watching the game on television and fans really do not want to see these kind of things. If you want to witness a lot of complaints, you should just go the bakery or something. There's always people nagging there as well.
"Chelsea players are always bitching against the referees. I really cannot understand that. Just shut the f*** up and focus on playing football."
The Dutchman's comments, though, do take a different line from that of team-mate Jack Wilshere who claimed on Wednesday: "It's no use just Robin van Persie going because it looks like it's just him having a go at the ref. If we all get round him..." suggesting that Arsenal need to toughen up and impose themselves on officials.
Meanwhile, Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed his desire to leave the club.
"I have decided 100% that I must leave Arsenal," he told sporten.dk. "I've considered this for a long time and was quite clear when I arrived at my decision.
"It doesn't feel particularly strange to not know what my future holds - I'm quite calm and confident that I'll be fine at a new club.
"I'm fully focused on Saturday's game for now, because it is incredibly important, but after the international is over I may focus more directly on my future [but] I am sure I could easily go on holiday without having to panic about it. I'm looking to relax, mentally, after a season that was not what I hoped for or expected."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...