Thursday 9 June 2011

Deal for Henderson is completed


Liverpool have confirmed on Thursday evening that Jordan Henderson has completed his big-money move from Sunderland.
Jordan Henderson is set to become the first of many summer signings for Liverpool

Jordan Henderson is the first of many summer signings for Liverpool
The Anfield club have reportedly negotiated a £16 million fee for the England midfielder, who made his international debut during the recent Premier League campaign.
A statement on the Reds' official website reads: "Liverpool Football Club have completed the signing of Jordan Henderson after the 20-year-old passed a medical and agreed personal terms.
"Henderson travelled to Merseyside on Wednesday after a fee was agreed with Sunderland. He then underwent a medical examination in Liverpool before signing a long-term deal.
"The midfielder has now joined the England U21 squad in Denmark as they prepare for the European Championships." News of David N'Gog's transfer in the opposite direction, worth a reported £7 million, is yet to be confirmed.
Henderson told Liverpool's website: "I'm over the moon, overjoyed to be here and I'm really looking forward to it. I was flattered to know Liverpool were interested in me and, once I knew, it was a massive decision for me to make but also a massive opportunity.
"Obviously it's hard to leave your local club. I'm a Sunderland lad, I've supported them all my life. But I'm really looking forward to the future now and obviously this is a massive opportunity for me. I'm really excited by it."
A statement on Sunderland's official website added: "Liverpool have signed Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson for an undisclosed fee. The 20-year-old travelled to the Merseyside club's Melwood training ground on Wednesday to discuss terms and undergo a medical after the two clubs agreed a substantial fee.
"All the relevant paperwork has now been completed and Henderson, who is currently away on international duty with England's under-21 side, has penned a 'long-term' deal at Anfield."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...